Calc Guide, Chapter 9, Data Analysis

I wonder whether anybody could help me with two areas of uncertainty that I have with Chapter 9 of the Calc Guide, Data Analysis.
Firstly, Figure 21 in the existing LO4.1 version of this chapter shows the Solver dialog with an Options button. However the dialog accessed through this button is not shown or discussed. Was this an intentional omission or would it be sensible to describe the Options dialog within this chapter of the updated Calc Guide?
Secondly, I note that the LO6.0 Getting Started Guide implies on page 157 that statistical data analysis tools accessed through the Data > Statistics menu will be described in Chapter 9 of the Calc Guide. I did not see any such funtions described in the LO4.1 version of this chapter - are we intending to extend the scope of the updated Chapter 9 in this way?
Regards,
Steve Fanning

Hello Steve

I wonder whether anybody could help me with two areas of uncertainty that I have with Chapter 9 of the Calc Guide, Data Analysis.
Firstly, Figure 21 in the existing LO4.1 version of this chapter shows the Solver dialog with an Options button. However the dialog accessed through this button is not shown or discussed. Was this an intentional omission or would it be sensible to describe the Options dialog within this chapter of the updated Calc Guide?

The options buttons opens detailed parametrization of each of the Solver
algorithms. Admitedly, one has to be very knowledgeable in each of
theses algorithm to write an authoritative text on the subject.

If other Authors agree, we can just add a small introductory contents on
the algorithm and forward the reader to related wikipédia pages or math
textbooks: the guide scope is not teach the theory behind the
algorithms implemented.

Secondly, I note that the LO6.0 Getting Started Guide implies on page 157 that statistical data analysis tools accessed through the Data > Statistics menu will be described in Chapter 9 of the Calc Guide. I did not see any such funtions described in the LO4.1 version of this chapter - are we intending to extend the scope of the updated Chapter 9 in this way?

Yes. Either an additional chapter on Statistical Data Analysis or an
extension of Chap 9. The Statistical Data analysis was implemented in
the software since the last release of the Calc Guide.

As with the Solver above, only some introductory contents on each entry,
although there are some interesting tricks to write about.