Options in Calc 6.2 Find & Replace dialog

Under the Find box on the Find & Replace dialog in Calc are four
checkboxes. I know what three of them are for, but I do not understand
"Formatted display" or how to use it. That option also occurs in the
Find toolbar.

I cannot find this option in the Help, and a brief online search turns
up no information. Can someone explain this to me? I want to put it in
the Calc Guide. Thank you.

Regards, Jean

Hello Jean

Under the Find box on the Find & Replace dialog in Calc are four
checkboxes. I know what three of them are for, but I do not understand
"Formatted display" or how to use it. That option also occurs in the
Find toolbar.

It is related to the number format applied to the cell. For example, if
a cell has a currrency value, say $123.45 and another has the same
contents but default formatting (123.45), then searching for "$123,45"
will find the currency cell but not the default-styled cell.

I cannot find this option in the Help, and a brief online search turns
up no information. Can someone explain this to me? I want to put it in
the Calc Guide. Thank you.

Noted to fix the Help on the issue.

Regards, Jean

Kind regards