Icon style, screenshots, and chapters

HI,

The default icon set for LO 6.2 appears to be Colibre. Should we still use Tango for making screenshots?

To be consistent, should we use the same software and styles to make arrows and write text in the screenshots? I would be happy to use whatever others use.

Have there been any changes to the organization/number of chapters or their names? Just want to be sure that what I am referring to is still correct.

Thanks.

Cathy

Howdy,

I think Colibre looks much better then Tango and would vote to switch,
given what sounded like agreement on the amount of screen shot replacement
needed for this update it would seem a good place to switch.

Changes to chapter structure - yes Indeed I sent an email to the ML with
some details on changes. Should be in your inbox from earlier today.

This inserted two new chapters (Appendices) into the chapter layout and
therefore changed the "Title" in three existing files.

Any thoughts on that? I just did so it can be changed easy enough. I chose
the insertion because versus new files added to the end of the book as I
thought it made more sense as a natural flow for the subject matter, but
yes that will involve clean up of references.. so?

Thanks,

Drew

I just installed LibreofficeDev 6.2 Alpha in parallel and having it running. One thing I noticed: it uses Elementary as the default setting. This is the DEB version. I do not know what the RPM version uses. While I have not used Colibre before, it certainly looks much better than Tango which I dislike.

Dan

Howdy Dan,

Colibre is I believe the default icon set used for MS Windows and as you
and I see Elementary for Linux.

One of the points discussed in the last meeting was on using Windows 10 as
the baseline for screen shots in the 6.2 Calc guide update which is
beginning.

Colibre, here under Ubuntu 18.04 desktop, as I said in the last email, fits
my taste for general use also.

Best wishes,

Drew

I suggest that we discuss the icon style tomorrow.

I think that the three appendices are a good solution. Fortunately, I think that changing references to the two new appendices should be fairly easy.