Doc team weekly meeting minutes - 8/29/2018

Wednesday August 29th 2018, at 19:00 Berlin Time

Presents: Olivier, Dave Barton, Drew Jensen

Fall back chat:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#libreoffice-doc

Agenda:

* Completed items (Available in the Published folder of ODFAuthors)
GS6000 - Preface - completed Dave Barton
GS6001 - Introduction to LibreOffice - Dave
GS6002 - Setting up LibreOffice - Completed (Dave)
GS6004 - Writer - Completed - Olivier
GS6005 - Calc - Completed - Dave Barton
GS6007 - Draw - completed - Johnathan Cohen
GS6008 - Base - completed - Olivier
GS6009 - Math - Completed - Olivier
GS6012 - Dave, revision by Dan Lewis.
GS6011 - Gallery, etc.. - completed - Dave Barton
GS6013 - Macros - completed - Drew
GS6014 - Customization - completed - Olivier
GS6015 - Appendix A - comleted - Olivier
GS6016 - Appendix B - Open Standards - Completed - Olivier

NOTE: All chapter were review for assembly (Master Document) and
uploaded to ODFAuthors, But the capters below are sittl under work:

Pending
GS6006 - Impress - Drew

All remaining:
GS6003 - Next Dave
        + work is going on
        + will rewrite some parts for simplifying usage of style
GS6010 - Olivier taking over.

* Book compilation (olivier)
      + Waiting remaining chapters.

    + Book on python and LibreOffice (Drew)
        + Use python inside LibreOffice , for macros (Drew)
        + most text on the subject is in the opposite: How to call LO
with python scripts (Drew)
        + Python macros is a hot subject in many IT shops (olivier)
        + Will use Drew's tutorial to create LO Help pages for python
macros (olivier)

NEXT MEETING: Wednesday september 5th 2018, at 19:00 Berlin Time

Hi

Olivier Hallot-4 wrote

    + Book on python and LibreOffice (Drew)
        + Use python inside LibreOffice , for macros (Drew)
        + most text on the subject is in the opposite: How to call LO
with python scripts (Drew)
        + Python macros is a hot subject in many IT shops (olivier)
        + Will use Drew's tutorial to create LO Help pages for python
macros (olivier)

I do not know if it's relevant, sorry if not ... but on the python
documentation
aspect I wanted to point out the excellent work in progress of
LibreOfficiant on the wiki
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide> .
Perhaps also a resource to highlight?

Best regards
Pierre-Yves

         + Use python inside LibreOffice , for macros (Drew)
         + most text on the subject is in the opposite: How to call LO
with python scripts (Drew)
         + Python macros is a hot subject in many IT shops (olivier)
         + Will use Drew's tutorial to create LO Help pages for python
macros (olivier)

I do not know if it's relevant, sorry if not ... but on the python
documentation
aspect I wanted to point out the excellent work in progress of
LibreOfficiant on the wiki
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide> .
Perhaps also a resource to highlight?

Yes, it would be highly useful to collaborate with LibreOfficiant/Alain and Franc Serres, the creator of the French guides.

Ilmari

Howdy,

working backwards through your email :wink:

Presently:
the wiki page(s) for existing python scripting (macros)
are linked from the top level macros page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros
the wiki pages content linking to numerous on-line resources.

Yes there is good material already in a number of places such as
the wiki, github, ask.libreoffice, forums, and other line sources.

So, It is relevant indeed.

pierre-yves samyn kirjoitti 30.8.2018 klo 11.22:
> Olivier Hallot-4 wrote
>> + Book on python and LibreOffice (Drew)
>> + Use python inside LibreOffice , for macros (Drew)
>> + most text on the subject is in the opposite: How to call LO
>> with python scripts (Drew)
>> + Python macros is a hot subject in many IT shops (olivier)
>> + Will use Drew's tutorial to create LO Help pages for python
>> macros (olivier)
>
> I do not know if it's relevant, sorry if not ... but on the python
> documentation
> aspect I wanted to point out the excellent work in progress of
> LibreOfficiant on the wiki
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide> .
> Perhaps also a resource to highlight?

Yes, it would be highly useful to collaborate with LibreOfficiant/Alain
and Franc Serres, the creator of the French guides.

Howdy,

I've read everything there, and the Spanish versions and the older stuff it
is all based on.

Right now there is plenty of things in different states of 'finished' but
most all for on-line consumption, but not a bunch suitable for a printed
book.
Looking at
https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/macro/ for
instance.

It would be nice to get something there with LibreOffice branding and TDF
licensing wouldn't it?

It would be great to collaborate, I hope they join the documentation
meetings held every Wednesday or if the language is an issue perhaps they
could use the mailing list. Otherwise I will touch base with the authors
directly.

Best wishes

Drew