LibreOffice Macros primitives in Basic

Hi!

I don't know to whom to apply, so let's go for documentation :wink:
Thanks to redirect me to the correct address if needed.

I've been developping LibreOffice macros in Basic (mainly for Calc, a little for Writer) for quite a while now. During the development of my own macros I've built a corpus of what I call "primitives". It's a set of subs and functions that I use over and over again within the tools I produce. Thus many (but not all) are tested IRL for real projects.

This primitive set is bound into a single document, in a structured library tree and with an accompanying description text (as comments and as Writer documentation). All code and documentation is in English.

While those primitives are mostly my own work, I've collected a few in fora or on various web sites where people kindly show their own discoveries (authors and sources are always cited in this case).

Though this is a permanent work-in-progress, as you can imagine, I'm willing to give it to the community for examination and to attract more contributions. The current license is CC-BY but I'm not sure CC is appropriate for code.

Of course, there's much to do to improve things as they are currently: a more extensive documentation, more usage examples, etc. I always take care that such developments be as professional as possible, so I've adopted a standard coding style and take great care to items naming. The said Writer document is still sparse at times, because I haven't got time enough to fill all the gaps...

Any pointer to where/whom I could post this document in order to check it and give it away?

Thanks for reading so far.
All the best,

Let me start by saying that I am NOT speaking for the documentation team. If they host it directly, then you do not need my help, but, I am sufficiently busy, that if I do not send this now, I am likely to forget.

1. I am willing to host a copy of your document on my web site next to my other Macros (and similar).

2. If you already host a copy online, my preference is that I simply link to your macros so that you are more able to update the macros; because you are not able to directly update things on my web site.

If I host your document, or point to your document, you can write write some text that will be included in the link to your document.

In case you are not aware of my work,

http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Hello Jean François

Yes, very kind to make these macros available to the community. Could
you please open a wiki page, fill with instructions and upload the
macros files? I'd like to examine them.

Regards
Olivier

Hello Andrew,

yes, I know and appreciate the resources you've given to the community :slight_smile:

I've learnt much reading OOME and your Andrew Macros collection.

And no, I haven't go any personal website where I can store the document.

Thanks for your very kind offer, but I'd first accept Olivier's proposal to post the document on the LibreOffice documentation wiki.

All the best,

Howdy Jean Francois,

The wiki is one solution, for sure.

Have you considered distributing them through the extension site? It's
fairly easy to generate an extension file which installs a basic library.
If I'm not mistaken the basic add-on builder works with LibreOffice up to
the current version and makes it really simple to do.

Going the extension route would bring some benefits with regards to
notifying users when updates are made to the routines.

Best wishes,
Drew

Hello Olivier,

Hello Jean François

Yes, very kind to make these macros available to the community. Could
you please open a wiki page, fill with instructions and upload the
macros files? I'd like to examine them.

thanks a lot!

I've created and validated an account but can't seem to connect :frowning:

In fact, the connexion is made but I can't go any further. This seems to be a cookie thing as I've read on the login help page but I don't understand where the glitch is: Firefox is set to accept site cookies forever, I've disabled the cookies manager so that they are accepted, I've also disabled https-everywhere so that http can be used, to no avail: I get a "user couldn't be identified" message and a captcha, then a "connect using pluggableauth" button (whats that?) and... nothing.

This is very frustrating. Even disabling all security tools (adblock, ghostery), I'm still locked out.

Any idea?

Best,

Our infra dude Guilhem sorted the thing out. He commented "looks like the email wasn't in ldap". This refers to the single sign-on setup that users can manage at https://user.documentfoundation.org/

Ilmari

Hello Ilmari!

Our infra dude Guilhem sorted the thing out. He commented "looks like the email wasn't in ldap". This refers to the single sign-on setup that users can manage at https://user.documentfoundation.org/

Many thanks to Guilhem! I can reach the wiki pages now!

All the best,

Hello Drew!

Howdy Jean Francois,

The wiki is one solution, for sure.

Have you considered distributing them through the extension site? It's
fairly easy to generate an extension file which installs a basic library.
If I'm not mistaken the basic add-on builder works with LibreOffice up to
the current version and makes it really simple to do.

Going the extension route would bring some benefits with regards to
notifying users when updates are made to the routines.

Yes, this is certainly a route I didn't think of in the first place. I can create extensions so this is a valid option. Anyway, the document I uploaded will have a working button to "install" (copy the libraries to MyMacros) which seems simple enough to me for the time being (the button is there but not yet connected to the install macro which I haven't finished). The extension suggestion is still a suggestion I'll keep in mind. Thanks!

All the best,