New Writer

Hi, My name is Trent.

I like spreadsheets. I also like databases, but I have a personal interest
in spreadsheets. I'd really like to work on Calc documentation. I have a
bachelors in mathematics, and a community college CIS certificate in
computer programming. I also have about three years of experience working
with programming long ago. In addition, I have experience writing in the
humanities, social science, and business.

Where should I start familiarizing myself with LibreOffice documentation
standards and tools? Is there a list of low hanging fruit needing
documentation?

Hi and welcome.

Regarding Calc, I am sure Jorge Rodríguez will get back to you with more details, but I want to take the opportunity to get you on a fast track for contributing.

The user guide for Calc 6.x is in planning stages. To participate, please register at ODFAuthors: https://www.odfauthors.org/ Instructions are under "How you can help at ODFAuthors".

Jorge has filled out a wiki page on all the new stuff that might go into the guide: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/Calc/6.x

Another way to contribute is to write help pages, which are much more terse than the content in user guides: https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/join-community/update-help-contents/

You can start with the easy way, sending the help content to Olivier Hallot as an .odt document. Later you might get into git and submitting patches. In the long run we want to do away with the awkward git process, though.

Regards,
Ilmari

Hi Trent and all:

As I understand, Olivier Hallot lead the LibreOffice Documentation Team. We are finding people to join to update the Calc Book from 4.2 LibreOffice version to 6.0 version (The next).

Tomorrow we have a meeting:

"Our documentation team meeting will take place today at 19:00 CET
(Berlin time).

We will use the following jitsi meeting room

https://meet.jit.si/tdfdocteam

The meeting room is supposed to work will all browsers without the need
of a specific plugin.

The documentation pad for the minute is
http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/documentation "

You and all that want, can join us tomorrow and talk more about this topic.

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez