LO 6 Chapter 12 Creating Web Pages

I am now working on the initial draft of chapter 12. The main emphasis
being the removal of the Web Wizard facility. If my memory is correct,
this facility is mentioned/referenced in at least one other chapter of
the guide, so I will check and update any other chapter(s) where necessary.

Dave

I have now uploaded the draft of Chapter 12 to ODF Authors:
https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-6.0/lo-6-0-chapter-12-creating-html-files/view
I am proposing changing the chapter title from Creating Web Pages to
Creating HTML Files, because the original title implies that Writer/Web
offers the facilities of a full blown website creation/editing program.
While some very limited html 4.0 Transitional editing is possible, we
should not mislead our readers about Writer/Web's capabilities with an
erroneous title.

While I have attempted to be as accurate as possible, making numerous
reviews and revisions. However, it will need a though review. Checking
against LO6 Dev will be necessary, because there are some differences
between LO6 and LO5.

I have updated
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/User_Guide_Tasks#Status_of_tasks_-GS-_LO_v6.0

I will try to have the merged editions of chapter 4 ready by Wednesday.

Dave

Hi Dave

[...]

Fully agree.

Hi,

just a thougt:
having translated that chapter as well (older versions of it, that is), I
guess this is really not a basic functionality that is widely used or
expected (at least not any more, as most websites are not html pages but
some kind of platform results - like wordpress etc.-, nor is it one that
probably deserves a complete chapter in the most basic guide of the LO. Or
am I wrong?

Couldn't this just be shortened/summarized/mentioned in a subchapter that
would fit into the Writer chapter (or export one) - and as such
abandoned/thrown out? I mean, the guide has expanded during years and newer
versions, so now it is quite a heavy/fat book, so maybe instead of adding
and adding content there should be also some cutting out done?

Lp, m.

Hi Dave,
[...]

While I have attempted to be as accurate as possible, making numerous
reviews and revisions. However, it will need a though review.

I don't know if it is worth to make a tough review.
Perhaps not necessary?!

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Proposals_for_removing_features#Writer.2FWeb

Yes I noticed the typo ("/tough/" instead of "/thorough/") just after I
clicked send. I have so many things to work on at the moment I don't
have time to bother correcting trivial email typos.

I am well aware of the proposals for removing features, but at this
point in time only removal of the web wizard is a fact.

Dave