Publications page download tables

When I started updating this page, I noticed that the table wikitext was
terribly overcomplicated, so I tried simplifying it. Did this just for the
Getting Started guide for now.

I'm not that familiar with wiki markup, so it's possible that I took to be
unnecessary something that was actually important. Someone who knows why it
was written this way might want to check.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/WikiAction/history/Documentation/Publications

AFAICT, the only real loss was vertical alignment. Setting style
"vertical-align: top;" on the whole table didn't work, so I just left it
out. CSS padding didn't work either, even just for the heading row, so I
left the old HTML attributes for the table.

--Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

When I started updating this page, I noticed that the table wikitext was
terribly overcomplicated, so I tried simplifying it. Did this just for the
Getting Started guide for now.

I'm not that familiar with wiki markup, so it's possible that I took to be
unnecessary something that was actually important. Someone who knows why it
was written this way might want to check.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/WikiAction/history/Documentation/Publications

AFAICT, the only real loss was vertical alignment. Setting style
"vertical-align: top;" on the whole table didn't work, so I just left it
out. CSS padding didn't work either, even just for the heading row, so I
left the old HTML attributes for the table.

IMO you need to have some space between the links. So I put in a width (and centered the links).

Nice, thanks. It's a shame you have to center every cell individually (I
saw on the Wikimedia help page that per-column formatting isn't supported),
but at least we have 1/3 the number of cells as before.

--Kenneth

Update. Finished cleaning and formatting content and wikitext of all guides
download tables -- reduced the source size by 13K!!

One thing need to ask about. I removed the dates for individual chapters
that were pasted in some places, since they were in separate columns
originally and didn't seem particularly relevant here. If they were
important for some reason, I will retrieve them from the history and
reintegrate them.

Might also be good for someone to confirm that all the links made it
through.

I didn't bother sizing and aligning everything for now. Really, wiki markup
is not appropriate for even the amount of formatting left -- either need
CSS or templates. But from talking to Olivier I understand we're moving
towards documentation.libreoffice.org for downloads, so perhaps it doesn't
matter much?

--Kenneth