Documentation for Base

Hi
Trying to find detailed doc on Base is a trick.
In "Getting started with LibreOffice", it si noted in P 241 that exists a "Base Guide". But this guide is well hidden. I couldn’t find any link toward it.
Does this guide exists ? If yes, why can't it be discovered ? If no, why ?
There is even no specific help available from F1 !

All that make me think that Base development is left behind.
I was fond of OpenOffice right from its beginning, and of LibreOffice now. So I'm disappointed to see what seems to be lack of interest from the development teams.

Further to my criticisms, I'm enthusiastic about using Writer and Calc...

Could you please help me ?
Many thanks in advance.

André MALLET

There's a Base Handbook translated from the German.

Hi

The documentation website is your friend.

There's a Base Handbook translated from the German.

http://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/base/

regards

There is even no specific help available from F1 !

Unlike the other components of LibO, Base can be used as either a
client, or a client-server. This makes writing documentation for it more
complex than for the other components.

Compounding that issue, is that database construction is an extremely
technical art, and science.

All that make me think that Base development is left behind.

LibO is in the midst of switching/adding database engines. As such, one
can't say that Base development has been left behind.

jonathon

and the last version of this Handbook in German you could get here:
http://de.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

Shows a comparison of internal HSQLDB and internal Firebird, but isn't
translated yet from German to English.

Regards

Robert