Problems in compiled GS5.2 book

Olivier,
I'm finding some problems in the book. I haven't looked through it
completely yet, but here is what I've seen so far:

1) Some lists do not restart at 1. This sometimes happens to the first
list in a chapter, when it is combined into a book. I thought I had
caught and fixed them all, but apparently not.

2) Because you changed the list layout definitions to export well to
HTML (not using tabs), IMO both bullet and numbered lists look bad in
the PDF: second and following lines don't wrap properly. We need to
find a way to make this work in both cases. It's probably a matter of
defining indents differently? At least for future books; may not be
worth the trouble for this book.

3) A lot of spacing between paragraphs/headings/figures, and some of
the page breaks, look wrong to me. I think you may have one of the
compatibility settings defined as "add spacing" on the book file,
whereas I had that turned off on all the files. Doesn't really matter
which way it's done, as long as we're consistent. I found that some
chapters were set one way and some chapters the other way, so I made
them all consistent in the chapter files and the book file, so they
would look the same in individual chapters and in the compiled book --
especially the page breaks.

4) Some figures (for example, 80, 81, 84) are missing; I haven't
checked for others.

5) The indentation of the text on the title page of the chapters is
not the same in the individual chapter files and in the compiled book.
The book uses a style that we haven't used for a long time.

I'll look through more of the book later and see what else I find, but
this is enough to convince me that more work is needed on the compiled
book -- at least items 1) and 4) above.

Regards, Jean

Olivier,

I'll look at the files later today and update the wiki if they are OK.
If I find any minor problems, I'll fix those.

--Jean