Documenting how to develop with & for LibreOffice - a fresh approach?

(hit the wrong reply button)

-------- Mensagem encaminhada --------

Olivier Hallot wrote:

Finally, on a totally different view, and addressing Thorsten
concern on software development documentation, opening a specific
askbot instance for developers looks very interesting to turn
sterile doxygen documentation into something readable for the rookie
developer.

That sounds like a nice idea indeed. And yeah, I was mostly focusing
on (extension) developers as an audience.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi all,
I read with interest this thread, because in this period I often visit api.libreoffice.org and sections Development or Macros of wiki.documentfoundation.org. If I can I would like to bring my personal experience in the use of developer documentation.

The site API is great to know the inheritance, but it lacks any connection with documentation about the possibilities of use. On the other hands in the wiki there are summary information that often refer to wiki.openoffice.org

In all this I feel often disoriented in finding even simple information to develop such extensions.

I understand that LibreOffice and OpenOffice have common roots, it's not good carry redundant documentation. However LibreOffice is an important and mature opensource project that can not fail to have their development documentation.

This is my humble opinion.

Regards.
Antonio

Hello Thorsten

Olivier Hallot wrote:

Finally, on a totally different view, and addressing Thorsten
concern on software development documentation, opening a specific
askbot instance for developers looks very interesting to turn
sterile doxygen documentation into something readable for the rookie
developer.

That sounds like a nice idea indeed. And yeah, I was mostly focusing
on (extension) developers as an audience.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

I opened ticket #2006 in redmine for this purpose.

https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2006

Regards