Concept of Documentation

Dear Documentation Team,

I am concerned with teaching data processing since - 1969
- and using a Unix-clone operated computer ever since 1980.

I founded (with a colleague) FSuB e.V. (fsub.org)
which was at first (1984-1999) the "AKS in der GUUG"
(Arbeitskreis Schule in der Vereinigung Deutscher Unixbenutzer)

I wrote the first paperback on Unix in German, which was
translated into Dutch first and then into English (not by me).

Normally, I am -not- using a office suite but Emacs.

For pdf-documents I now have to use Libre Office and
therefore I turned to the documentation, first in German,
the other day, and today, in English.

There is a heading in the German documentation:

    "Kapitel 03 – Formate und Vorlagen"

By reading for a while and letting it work in my brain overnight
one will find out, that these are two different categories,
which do not go together.

Templates are to be used as a "ready-model" for
either Documents or Formats.
  - Meanwhile I searched for more words: -> 5)

  Documents are targeted at a specific application.

  Formats are orthogonal to documents.
  They define the design, layout, ... for different kinds of documents.

  -? Is my understanding correct ?
  -> Two questions on your text appended ->²) ->³)