Defective JRE error

I just tried to explore the Database application in Open Office and came up with the error which says "OpenOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task.  The selected JRE is defective."  The next error says "No Java installation could be found."  I am trying to create a Database using the Wizard and I have already installed the latest version of Java available (version 8 update 65).  Is there another version I should be using (I wouldn't think so since most users will have updated their Java program by now)?  I used the default installation when I upgraded Java using Internet Explorer and I am using Windows 10.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Are you using a 32bit or 64bit version of LibreOffice ? From the error
message your report, it seems like you are using OpenOffice.org ?

In any event, you need a bitness version of Java that corresponds to
that of LibreOffice, so if you are using a 64bit version of LibreOffice,
you need a 64bit version of Java, and vice-versa.

Alex