Selecting Text

Hi.
I have been searching the help and Writer guide for a way to select a whole word or paragraph (to quickly apply a style)
What I couldn't find in the help/guide but did find in MS help was the following that also works in writer.
Double-click - To select the current word, double-click it. Word will select to the left and right of the cursor, until it encounters a space character.
Triple-click - A triple-click selects the current paragraph.

This would be useful listed under shortcuts (may be a mouse shortcuts table) or Working with text > Selecting text in the guide.
Cheers, Steve