problem inserting a picture into libreOffice writer format odt

Dear developer,
When i try to insert a picture or a screenshot into a LibreOffice writer
document odt, i regularly just get a frame for the picture but not the
picture itself. Also in your writer guide
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/3/35/WG40-WriterGuideLO.pdf i
did not find a convenient and simple explanation. I read how many things
libre office can do, but no instruction how to put this into effect.

With Apache OpenOffice i have no problem inserting a picture or a
screenshot: The picture appears, even where i want it to appear by putting
the cursor at this place. However i prefur to use LibreOffice alone rather
than use also OpenOffice as my writer program.
Could you please help me?
Martin Kurkowski

Hi Martin,

you have written to the documentation-list. better you would write to
users@de.libreoffice.org (I saw your mail-address ends with *.de).

I have tested the following:
Pressed "Print" for a screenshot.
Copied the screenshot to cache.
Inserted the screenshot with Ctrl+V to a new writer document.
Works as expected without any problem.

Have a look at Tools ? Options ? LibreOffice Writer ? View. Could be
images are excluded (not marked)?.
If this doesen't work try to reset your user-profile for LO. Don't
know which system you are using, so I can't write down where to find
the user-profile.

Regards

Robert