Something strange happened...

I've mostly been translating Robert's additions to the Base Handbook using LO v.5 in Crux. I needed a late version so that I could check the correct English for some of the prompts and options he mentions.

This morning I happened to open a file that I'd been working on in Debian Wheezy, which still uses LO v.4. It opened in Writer as a completely blank single page! The content was gone. Back to Crux and the same file opened normally.

This is the first time I have seen a backwards incompatibility between two major releases of LO. Is this a known problem?

Hi Hazel,

This morning I happened to open a file that I'd been working on in
Debian Wheezy, which still uses LO v.4. It opened in Writer as a
completely blank single page! The content was gone. Back to Crux
and the same file opened normally.

So you could open the file in LO 4.* and see all - and the same file
in LO 5.* and it is empty?

This is the first time I have seen a backwards incompatibility
between two major releases of LO. Is this a known problem?

Never heard of such a bug. The chapters I edited I have edited in LO
4.4.4 or 4.4.5. First I tried this with LO 5.0, but the styles weren't
refresh right. So I switched back to 4.4.4 - without such a problem
you reported.

Regards

Robert