Base-Handbook 5.0 -chapter 2

Hi *,

I have now uploaded chapter 2 here:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5002-CreatingADatabase.odt

This chapter isn't translated. I have taken the old version of
Handbook 3.5, set Writer to Edit > Track Changes > Record Changes /
Show Changes and added the German text and the English screenshots.
Also deleted some text and screenshots from the old BH 3.5.

I don't know which is the better way at this moment. For now it seems
to be the fastes way for me to help for publishing the new
Base-Handbook in English.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

and here the next:
chapter 3

http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5003-Tables.odt
Only new screenshots inserted, also German text - so must be translated.

Regards

Robert

I've downloaded this and am working on it.

Hazel Russman

Thanks Hazel. When you have finished please return your work to the ODF
Authors "Reviewed" folder:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/reviewed_5.0

The status of the handbook preparation can be seen here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Base_Handbook

Dave

Hi *,

now chapter 4

http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5004-Forms.odt

Only new screenshots inserted, also German text - so must be translated.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

and here the next:
chapter 5

http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5005-Queries.odt
Only new screenshots inserted, also German text - so must be translated.

Nearly all queries in the handbook for version LO 3.5 were formatted
without returns. Queries should be formatted like all other coputercode
- - not like the xml-Code of an *.odt-document for example. This is a
problem of the internal query-editor of Base - it ignores all formatting
and will write the whole code in one row. For better understanding we
should format it a little bit better - see the German Handbuch.

Styles have also to be fixed. Special this chapter has much styles from
the German Handbuch, not the styles from the English version. The German
Handbuch has Styles, which begin with LibO... and have set the language
to "Deutsch".

Tables and fields are not exactly named as in the example databases. I
hope I have found all wrong field- and tablenames and have fixed them ...

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

and here the next:
chapter 6

http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5006-Reports.odt
Only new screenshots inserted, also German text - so must be translated.
Code (Macro, SQL) already translated.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

and here the next:
chapter 7

http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/BH5007-Linking.odt
Only new screenshots inserted, also German text - so must be translated.

The last macros I created were directly created referring to English.
So it's faster to copy the content and better for international
understanding.

There are much problems with styles in the different chapters of the
Handbook. Persons, who translated it for LO 3.5, often didn't change
the the style from the German Handbook to the English Handbook. So all
text is red underlined. Also the styles aren't complete identical.
Mouch to do for a person who is interested in a consistent style off
all English descriptions.

Content of every chapter shows also the "Copyright" and "Note for Mac
users". In all German chapters these headers of the same second page
of every chapter aren't shown in the content.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

and here the next: