OmegaT and translating the German Base Handbook

I am still having problems with discovering how to use OmegaT. Documentation does not seem to be anywhere as clear as I think it should be. I have documentation from OmegaT and have been able to follow their instructions through creating a project. I even have the document to be translated in the Editing pane. Then I am told to translate the document. But how am I suppose to do this. How do I translate one section at a time? I see the first page and part of the second page.
      The Documentation Foundation has documentation as well. All goes well until I get to "Adding UI.po file". But the link is https://translations.documentfoundation.org/XX/libo_ui/ where XX is the language code. What is a language code? Where do I find the one that I need? Since I would be translating German to English, do I need the German or English language code? These points are not clear. And since this project is likely to involve a team, the language code is required before all of the other things need to be done can be.

Dan

Well, I don't know which code you are supposed to use, but the universal code for German is "de" and for English "en". If those don't work, try de_DE (German as spoken in Germany) and en_US (American English).

Dan

>> I am still having problems with discovering how to use OmegaT.
>> Documentation does not seem to be anywhere as clear as I think it should
>> be. I have documentation from OmegaT and have been able to follow their
>> instructions through creating a project. I even have the document to be
>> translated in the Editing pane. Then I am told to translate the
>> document. But how am I suppose to do this. How do I translate one
>> section at a time? I see the first page and part of the second page.
>> The Documentation Foundation has documentation as well. All goes
>> well until I get to "Adding UI.po file". But the link is
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/XX/libo_ui/ where XX is the
>> language code. What is a language code? Where do I find the one that I
>> need? Since I would be translating German to English, do I need the
>> German or English language code? These points are not clear. And since
>> this project is likely to involve a team, the language code is required
>> before all of the other things need to be done can be.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> --
> Well, I don't know which code you are supposed to use, but the universal code for German is "de" and for English "en". If those don't work, try de_DE (German as spoken in Germany) and en_US (American English).
>

> I tried en, EN, en-US but none of these worked.

Dan

You need underlines, not hyphens. And lower-case for the language, upper for the country.