Creating templates for publishing at Lulu

Hi *,

I have looked at the published LO-Books at Lulu, because I have been
asked for a published German Base-Handbuch 5.0

1. I have seen format for the books is US-Trade (15,24cm * 22,86cm)
Is there any trick to get a book from format DIN A4 (21cm * 29,7cm)
down to this format without greater problems?

2. How could we publish the Base-Handbuch 5.0 at Lulu? Who has
uploaded the other LO-books?

Regards

Robert

I upload and publish the LO books on Lulu, for Friends of OpenDocument Inc.

I use a Mac, so it's easy in Preview to "print" a book (in PDF, formatted
for A4) to a PDF of a different page size (in this case, 6x9 inches).
However, Lulu's printers often don't like the result, so instead I usually
"print" from Preview to PostScript and the smaller paper size, then use
Acrobat Distiller to create a new PDF from the PS file.

That process is quick and easy for me to do, so if you want me to do it for
you, just ask. I can also upload the book to Lulu for you. But I need to do
it before August 1st, because I am going travelling then for 6 weeks, with
little or no Internet access much of the time.

--Jean