LO in the Mac Appstore

Ping Jean!

In your review of chapter 1 of the GS guide you added a comment: "Verify
later: LO 5.0 may be on MacApp store." I am not a Mac user, but there
was a post today on the "User" list from someone claiming that "I
downloaded the US version easily from the Mac App store." Can you, or
another Mac user, confirm this is now possible?

I am about to return my final edit for this chapter and it would be nice
to get at least this one signed off for publication.

Dave

LO is definitely available on the Mac App store. Whether, or when,
version *5.0* of LO will appear there is the question. I have not yet
attempted to find out; it's provided by Collabora, not directly by
TDF, btw.

--Jean

Hi Dave,

Collabora provides :

LibreOffice Vanilla (currently 4.4.4.4 - synced with TDF 4.4.x release)

and

LibreOffice from Collabora (4.3.8).

on the AppStore.

Alex