The workfloaw

Hi,

I find the overview tables at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks
to be good, but I still do not know how to proceed - where to get files
from, where to place new versions to and what exactly to do.
Therefore I suggest to specify details of the workflow. I think that
this would help and would speed up the process.

My proposal is to maintain an overview table as that in
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks
and a folder structure in http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english
(/getting-started/draft-lo-5.0 in case of the GS guide 5.0) which
corresponds to the columns of the table. If one wants to work on a
document, he/she should get its most recent version from the
corresponding folder, adds a notice to the "Checkout" column and, once
finished, save the updated version in the folder corresponding to the
next column of the table, make a notice in that column and remove the
checkout notice.

I suggest the following columns (and folders):

1. *Source document*: A document which is just a copy of the published
one of the previous LO version. Eventually it is a modified version, as
now, when templates have been updated by Jean. There are no content
changes with respect to its source.
2. *Content updated*: Content update according to release notes,
eventually other content changes. Author leaves a note where more work
is required. The author checks the Figures and leaves a note, when
figure update is necessary.
3. *Figures updated*: updated figures - the author keeps the comments,
just confirms figure replacement in a new comment (in order to make
reviewing in step 4 easier)
4. *Reviewed*: Reviewing of all changes, all comments removed. If the
author cannot solve a problem, asks in the mailing list for help.
5. *Cleanup*: formatting cleanup
6. *Published*.

Header of the table columns should contain links to the corresponding
folder, so that one knows where to get and where to put the document. In
each folder there should be just one copy of each chapter.

We have used a similar workflow for translation of the GS Guide and I
think it worked well.

What do you think about this?
best
Milos