I've Lost My (Writer) Formatting Toolbar

I've used LibreOffice for several years and am quite pleased with it. This evening I accidentally caused my Formatting Toolbar to disappear and appear as a column when I click on an X at the right end of the Standard Toolbar.

This would be OK if I could use the column the way I've used the toolbar. I click the X, click on the item I want to use. The column disappears, and nothing has happened.

I hope I've described the problem sufficiently for you to tell me how to get the toolbar back to its accustomed place.

I've tried reading the help items, and the toolbar portions of the pdf Writer Guide, but they do not seem to address my problem.

When I click on View/Toolbars, my Formatting Toolbar is checked, which gives me hope that it is still around even though I am unable to see it or use it.

Thanks for your assistance, Art

Hi Art,

This is the wrong mailing list for you. You'll want to email the user
mailing list (this is for people doing documentation).

Best,
Joel