Suggestion for next writer guide (pattern field control)

Hello all,
While translating the writer guide, I met the form controls reference table (page 427 - writer guide 4.2 pdf); in the "more controls toolbar" section, the "pattern field" control should be better described in my opinion.

I found this page that offers info that could be somehow added to the table (or to other pages of the book):

https://help.libreoffice.org/3.3/Basic/General#Edit_mask

Without these info the control is not usable at all.
Thanks.
Namastè all :slight_smile:

Hi elrico,

While translating the writer guide, I met the form controls
reference table (page 427 - writer guide 4.2 pdf); in the "more
controls toolbar" section, the "pattern field" control should be
better described in my opinion.

You could find the same in help of LO. Don't know the right term to
search for, but have found it in the german help as "Zeichenmaske".

I had copied this to the Base-Handbook to declare the field.

Regards

Robert

mmm... actually I can't find any detailed description in the italian help... just 4 lines
Anyway my suggestion was to include a more detailed explanation in the writer guide; otherwise it's unusable.
Thank you!
Namastè :slight_smile: