Is anyone working on other v4.4 books?

I'm back from six weeks of travel in North America and recovered from
jet lag, and I'm wondering if anyone's been doing anything in my
absence. Really, I do NOT want to be the main driving force and mentor
(aka "leader") for this project, but everyone else seems either too
busy or not at all interested in taking up the role. So I'll just poke
the ant heap now and then and see what happens.

PeterS has been working on updating and improving the Calc Guide, but
I am not aware of anyone doing anything else. Please tell me I'm
wrong!

We seem to have people available to copyedit, proofread, and perhaps
review, but not enough to research and write updated material. I'm no
longer doing much except final checking and publishing chapters and
books and doing some of the associated publicity... plus the
occasional bit of coordination, though not much.

We've cut back on expectations for how often we produce books, but
they still tend to not be completed before the next release of the
software. (Version 4.4 was released at the end of January; version 4.5
is due out the end of July.)

--Jean

Hello Jean

I have started the Calc guide to Version 4.4.

Regards

PeterS