Introduction

Hi,
My name is John Linton and I would like to contribute to the LibreOffice
Documentation Team. I've been a LibreOffice user for the past 5 years when
I made the switch to the Linux OS. I solely used LibreOffice through grad
school and in the business I started.

My background in mainly in business and finance. I have been a heavy user
of LibreOffice Writer, Calc, and Impress. I have minimal experience with
Draw, Math, and Base.

I'd love to be involved in writing, editing, or wherever help is needed. I
believe I need a ODFAuthors account.

Thanks,
John

Welcome! I have created an ODFAuthors account for you; you should
receive an email with a link to set your password.

We can especially use help with the Calc Guide, both updating and
reviewing it. Peter Schofield has made a start (drafts of Preface and
Chapter 1) and may be working on some other chapters now. You could
review those, which are available here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4.4

Chapters 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 in particular could use a fresh look and
perhaps some improvement in content and wording -- in addition to any
updates that might be needed due to changes in the program itself.
(They also need updating to new template.) Latest version of book (for
LO 4.1) is here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/published-lo-4.1

Or, if you prefer to make a start on the Writer Guide for v4.4, the
previous version is here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published-4.2

New template for v4.4 is here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers/lov4-4-chapter-template-draft/view

You'll probably have questions, because the instructions in the
Contributor's Guide are not always up to date or as clear as they
might be. Chapter 2 is the most important; it's available in ODT here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers/producing-libreoffice-user-guides/view
and in both ODT and PDF here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Contributors_Guide

--Jean
(Attempting to retire from Team Leader role)