Draft new template for LOv4.4 user guides + GS for v4.4

Building on work done last year by PeterS and added to by me, I have
placed a draft new template for LOv4.4 user guide chapters in the
Resources folder:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers/lov4-4-chapter-template-draft/view

It's incomplete: list descriptions and setup still need some work;
some other items might need work also. Main differences from v3.4
template: no more OOoxxxxx style names; Tips/Notes/Cautions no longer
in tables; simplified set of styles in use (for example, only one List
1 style; not using Start, Continue, and End styles).

Import this file into your templates to use or edit it. (Don't know
how to import? Read Chapter 3 of the GS book.)

I have also converted all the files for the Getting Started book into
this new template, and I have put them here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-4.4

Some updating has been done on a few of these chapters. All need to be
checked for completeness and accuracy. Some files may include comments
on things known to be needed. Note in particular that the file for
Chapter 8 (Base) is taken from an earlier version of this chapter, not
the v4.2 chapter (which was quite different from the earlier ones).

In case you haven't noticed, v4.4 was released this week.

--Jean

PS I'm leaving on Monday for 5+ weeks away. Do play nicely amongst yourselves.

Hello Jean

One problem I have found with the template and LO 4.4.

The coloured background for notes, tips and cautions extends upward to almost touch the previous paragraph. In LO4.3, this coloured background was perfect. I think the developers have changed something for paragraph area.

Regards

PeterS