Base Documentation

All:

I thought that I had seen a couple of messages about using Base in
LibreOffice 4.4. However, wandering around
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/
the highest version I've found is the German documentation for 4.3.

Is there nothing for using Base with LibreOffice 4.4, in _any_ language?

jonathon

Robert Großkopf wrote last week that the German version of Base-Handbuch
for LO 4.4 will be published at the end of this month. --Jean

Hi Jonathan,

I thought that I had seen a couple of messages about using Base in
LibreOffice 4.4. However, wandering around
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/ the highest
version I've found is the German documentation for 4.3.

Is there nothing for using Base with LibreOffice 4.4, in _any_
language?

There is no difference in using LO-Base since a long time. A little
bit has been added or changed (for example a using macros with
date-fields since LO 4.1, using the query-editor with limited queries
since LO 4.1). The internal Firebird-database is only experimental so
it isn't documented yet.

The new version of Base-Handbook (V 4.4) will be available in a few
days. I have just created the *.pdf-files for the whole document: Now
I'm looking for references from one chapter to another, which wouldn't
work outside the global-document.

The German Base-Handbook will show a little bit more examples than the
older versions.

There will be also a package of example-databases for special
solutions with an own description.

Regards

Robert

The internal Firebird-database is only experimental so it isn't
documented yet.

I was hoping to find some documentation about that.

The new version of Base-Handbook (V 4.4) will be available in a few
days.

I'll wait for it then.

The German Base-Handbook will show a little bit more examples than
the older versions.

+1

There will be also a package of example-databases for special
solutions with an own description.

+1

jonathon

Hi Jonathan,

The internal Firebird-database is only experimental so it isn't
documented yet.

There is a comparison of HSQLDB and Firebird available. You could find
it here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/de#Handbuch_f.C3.BCr_Base
But remember: The internal Firebird isn't ready for use. Functions,
which were needed so much for users of HSQLDB, like DATEADD or LIST
doesn't work in the internal Firebird database at this time. I will
write a chapter about the difference between both databases if the
internal Firebird will work with this two functions ...

I was hoping to find some documentation about that.

The new version of Base-Handbook (V 4.4) will be available in a
few days.

I'll wait for it then.

Have uploaded the files to the wiki now. Not enough time to set the links.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

the new German Base-Handbuch Version 4.4 is available now:
http://de.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

There are also more example-databases for special problems with a
description available.

I have created also a Calc-document, which shows the different
chapters, beginning with the first Handbuch V36 for all 6 versions of
the Handbuch. If you are interested in this:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb/Vergleich_Base_Handbuecher.ods

Regards

Robert