tracking who is working on which chapters

Hi :slight_smile:
There used to be a wiki-page for signing-out and signing-in chapters
being worked on so that;
* people could track what stage chapters had reached and also to
* help avoid 2 (or more) people attempting to work on a same chapter
at the same time.
Does anyone know how to get to it? or even whether it still exists or not?

I think ODFauthors already has such a feature built-in so maybe it was
an annoying duplication? Some people seemed to find it difficult to
find and those who found it seemed to have trouble editing it so i can
easily understand why it might have been taken down but i'm hoping
that it still exists and that it's just me that lost track of where it
is.

I believe the page you're talking about is at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks.

Hi :slight_smile:
Fantastic! Thanks :))

Good to see the info about the Base Handbook is still there. I'm not
sure how all that is going. I might have to ping some people to
figure out how they are doing now that it's the new year for most of
us. I gather it's the Chinese New Year in a couple of weeks so i hope
that goes well for people too :slight_smile:

Anyway, many thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Good to see the info about the Base Handbook is still there.

Only an information here: The German version of Base-Handbuch for LO 4.4
will be published at the End of this month. It expands from version
Handbuch 4.2 to Handbuch 4.4 for nearly 100 pages ...

Regards

Robert

Hi :slight_smile:
I think we have to view the additional pages as "nice to have"s and
put it on a wish-list for a future edition.

The Documentation Team just does not have the capacity to cope with
the material we already have. We have even been considering how to
reduce the amount is already there in order to make it more
manageable.

I think we have to let the German and the English versions diverge at
this point.

It is great to see the German version developing so well though and it
has been fantastic to have such a good foundation for the English
version.

Many thanks, apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: