post and attachment

Hello,

this is my first post, seems that the mailing list does not accept
attachment.

Otherwise, is there a specific upload area, or I just give some google doc
link?

Thanks

Hello

You reed an ODF Authors account to upload a revised chapter and you will
have to request this account.

I think that you cannot attach files to postings in this forum because of
security concerns. However, postings will accept web links when you upload a
chapter.

Please note that I shall be updating Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 to LO version
4.4 because there a couple things missing about styles, mainly frame styles.
I am doing this because I am in the process of updating the Math Guide and I
have to refer to these two Writer chapters.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Lots of people seem to use some file-sharing or/and Cloud solution such as
Google-Drive to upload their files and then they give a clickable link in
their email so that readers can choose to see the file.

However Nabble rolls it all into one. If you click on the "More" button and
browse to the file, just the same as you would do for an attachment, then
Nabble puts the clickable link directly into the message box. you can move
that html code around a bit and even edit it if you know html or can make
sense of it. However the default html-code that Nabble generates is pretty
perfect as it is.

Nabble is not made for uploading the chapters of the guides but it's good
for smaller files.

You do need an ODFauthors account and i think there are a couple of people
waiting for someone to register them. It's not like the wiki where you can
register yourself but the people who register new members are usually pretty
quick. It might take a day or few at the moment though.