I HAVE A VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM that I hope you can help me with!

Dear Sir or Ms.,

My name is Dennis Regan and I have been a very satisfied long time user of LibreOffice Writer BUT NOW I HAVE A VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM that I hope you can help me with!

I am attempting to write a BUSINESS PLAN with a music soundtrack in the background TO NO AVAIL! I have tried the following:

+) In LibreOffice Writer & Writer/Web I have inserted Movie and Sound and I entered a sound MP3 clicked open and here is what I see:

+) When I save the LibreOffice doc(s) as an HTML doc and view in a web browser I DON’T HEAR ANY MUSIC!!

I pulled a PDF instructions Guide and that had NOTHING about how to do this. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PROPERLY DO THIS so that it works?!?!

I thank you in advance for your help & assistance.

Sincerely,

Dennis Regan
DPREGAN54@GMAIL.COM

Hello Dennis,

since there are no responses yet, let me recommend that you also ask using:

The user's mailing list where people ask questions on how to use LO (as opposed to this list which focuses on the state of writing documentation). Then again, if you are documenting how to write this documentation I will crawl back under my rock and hide :slight_smile:

The other option is the forum.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

That said..... Are you asking how to insert a music sound track into a Write document file that can be exported to HTML such that the HTML will then play music?

I was not aware that this was possible in any way in LO, so, I will be interested to know where the question is finally answered so that I can see the answer.

That said..... Are you asking how to insert a music sound track into a
Write document file that can be exported

Without seeing screenshots, I'm not sure, but I think that is what is
being requested.

I was not aware that this was possible in any way in LO,

That "feature" popped up several years ago. I see it as one of those
"just before you can, does not mean that you should" features.

It is the same process as embedding audio, or video in Impress, but with
slightly less predictable results.

jonathon