MySQL/MariaDB Native Linux connector for LibreOffice 4.2 and 4.3 (32 and 64 bit)

These connectors are available as Release Candidate #1. They have been tested against both MariaDB and MySQL databases. I would like to have a few more people see if these work as well as they have so far been described.
      Unless I hear from someone with a reason why it does not work as it should within the next week, I will be upgrading these to final release.

This is the URL:

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mysql-native-connector/

Hi :slight_smile:
Has anyone been able to test this out yet?

Is it possible to test-drive these connectors without breaking an existing
database? Errr, i'm not going to be able to test them myself so i was just
mildly curious.

i could try it this weekend. It will an adventure!

Cheers

sshelagh

Ok,

so I have mariabdb installed which is meant to work like a drop in
replacement for mysql. In other stuff I have done, there has been no
problem using mariadb instead of mysql.

I was able to create a simple database in mariadb and open it in base using
the direct connection. I changed some data, saved it and closed base.

I checked in the database on cli and the data had been entered. So I would
say that you could say that it works as advertised.

Cheers

Shelagh

Hi :slight_smile:
That sounds good! :slight_smile: Have you tried the things that Stefan Gruber had
trouble with? If so it'd be nice to hear which OS you tried it on, which
version of LO and which version of MariasDb. That might help people
pin-point the problems Stefan has been having.

Many thanks for test-driving the connector!

Ubuntu 12.04, libreoffice Version: 4.3.2.2 Build ID: 430m0(Build:2),
MariaDB 5.5.40

Sorry did not notice Stephan's problems. Just thought the connector for
MariaDb needed testing. but maybe the versions are wrong for the job.

sshelagh

Hi Tom,

That sounds good! :slight_smile: Have you tried the things that Stefan Gruber had
trouble with?

Without a link to a mail or any hint - how should anybody know another
person had trouble with the connector published by Dan? I haven't read
about trouble with the connector published by Dan.

Only problem: Tehere are two connectors:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mysql-native-connector-for-libreoffice-4.x
for Windows
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mysql-native-connector
for Linux.
The Windows-connector should be published under the same link as the
Linux-connector.

Regards

Robert

Hi :slight_smile:
Sorry, i hadn't realised sshelagh had been cross-posting to the
Documentation Team at the same time. Stefan had responded in the same
thread but only on the Users List. I forwarded Stefan's email to sshelagh
privately.
Apols and regards from

Errr, this was all follow-up from a thread started by Dan on the Users
List. He was asking for people to test-drive the connector that he had
just made.

I'm sorry about the confusion created by the Documentation Team only
getting half the off-topic posts.
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom et al.

I don't often have time to do work for the Documentation team but that is
my normal list. I did not pay attention to what other list this message was
written to, and as I don't use the Users list I did not get the rest of the
thread about connectors.

Hope I haven't just muddied the waters so to speak.

Cheers

sshelagh

Hi :slight_smile:
Ahh, that makes sense now! Hopefully you got my off-list email with
Stefan's email under it?