infrastructure wiki

Hi :slight_smile:
I've done a lot of long over-due spring-cleaning on the Publications page!
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Basically just got all sections to look&work roughly the same way as each
other.

Also tidied this page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
a bit.

Hopefully the pages are better for it, rather than worse, but please let me
know!

Details
Publication Page
I finally figured out how i had really messed-up some sections and gotten
irregular gaps. So hopefully all the sections look about the same as each
other now! Also, hopefully, it'll be less of a nightmare to figure out
what goes where in the coding!

I added columns for some of the guides being worked on at the moment and a
column for the next version of Calc = hopefully the 4.4! Getting the Base
Handbook and Writer and Math Guides done is already asking a lot of this
team.

At the bottom of the Draw Guide the accuracy was getting tooo visually
confusing. I simplified it to look more like the way it's handled for the
other guides.

There is not much room in some of the columns, particularly for older
versions where a newer one is available. They mostly cover branches that
are still in common usage and consistently having a couple of older
versions of each guide makes the page easier to understand imo.

However, due to the lack of width, i've used
New in 4.2
for chapters that really are new but for ones that are renumbered or
renamed or whatever else i just reduce all that down to
'New' in 4.2
(or for whichever version if it's not for the 4.2). It's less precise and
accurate but makes the page MUCH easier to read imo. Usually the further
explanation fits neatly into the columns for newest versions of the guides

Main Entry Page
I really kinda like this page now
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
The middle column seems a bit sparse and i'm sure we could usefully add to
it BUT maybe it might be better to reduce it down to 2 columns on the page
and just stick the section about joining the team under the Faq section?
It'd mean re-working all the end-of-line tags, which is a total pain, but i
could do it. What do people here think? Should we try to expand the
central section or tuck it away?

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your work! I've not yet finished the home page. The Development
frame will have more dedicated content.
Cheers

Sophie
GSM

Hi :slight_smile:
Ok, thanks Sophie :slight_smile: It looks like it's ready for more to be added and i
can easily imagine some things that might be useful in there. I don't
think there is an urgent need to rush into adding things there right now.
It's good to know htere are plans for it. That saves me from doing quite a
bit of work! :))
Many thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Hi :slight_smile:
I've done a lot of long over-due spring-cleaning on the Publications page!
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Basically just got all sections to look&work roughly the same way as each
other.

Also tidied this page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
a bit.

So you have added a lot of content to the table and makes it look as a
page instead of a gateway. I'll rework the table over the weekend, but
please add content where it belongs ant let people find their way
without having to read full pages before.

Cheers
Sophie

Tom,

And putting in line breaks within sentences buggers up the formatting
when the page is viewed on a device using a different sized font. Very
bad, amateurish thing to do.

Yeh, i couldn't figure how to constrict the size of the tables without it.
Ideally i'd want to set the columns as a percentage or have them as
elements that can reconfigure under each other on phones etc.
Apols and regards from

I don't think i added content. Well, not much and mostly just filler,
explanatory stuff.

Really just the links to the release notes and an explanation of that and
on the publications page filled in the blanks for the Base Handbook v4.0.