Writer 4.2 Guide Chapter 14

Kevin,
I see a file in the Feedback folder, but it appears to be unchanged
from the earlier version, except for the date field that should not
have been there (and now isn't). Did you make any other changes in it?
I'm a bit behind on keeping up with what's been happening with this
chapter. I just want to make sure any further changes are being made
on the latest iteration.

Regarding the keyboard shortcuts: yes, a note about them is needed.
I'll write one. Thanks for catching that.

--Jean

Thanks, Kevin. I have now amended and published that chapter.

I found the implementation of conditional fields incredibly confusing,
too. It's actually very logical, just backward from the way I think
about it as a user, not a programmer. Years ago I needed to use that
feature in real work for awhile, and I eventually got accustomed to
its logic.

--Jean

I think I will get there, but too many things hit me at once. My contract
just ended and I am looking for another one, and I spent most of a day on
this chapter and had to stop at some point. When I do understand it I think
I can improve the guide on this point.

I plan to take another chapter on the next go around and keep contributing.

Yeh real life can get in the way. If possible, next time, it's probably
best to upload however much you have done and let the mailing list know
that someone else needs to double-check and finish. It's often possible to
pick-up again from where you left off but it gives other people the chance
to finish it if they are in a hurry. It's not always possible because
sometimes real-life things can over-take us but i think it's a good thing
to try to do.

Great to hear you are likely to take on another chapter if you get a
chance! I hope the immediate problems do settle down for you reasonably
quickly!
Good luck, many thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: