looking for documentation team credentials

Hi all,

Hoping that now that things have changed, I'll be able to get an
ODFAuth account set up.

Thanks!

Robert

Hi :slight_smile:
I think someone else has to set it up for you. So, hopefully someone can
register you at ODFAuthors
Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Well, all I know is that I tried requesting them through this list
several months ago and was told the system for setting them up was
busted. Then I saw people getting credentials here recently, and I was
told to request it from the list.

Thanks for replying Tom.

I see your name in the list of people with access, but I can't tell if
you were added today by someone else or if you've actually been there
for awhile. If you have not received an email to log in and set a
password, I may need to reset it for you and send another notice to
you. Sometimes people don't receive the automated emails or they end
up in people's spam folders.

Many apologies for this delay! It takes the Documentation Team a loooong
time to register people at the ODFAuthors site! A several months delay is,
hopefully(!), the longest we have had!!

It would be good if you gave a preferred user-name otherwise y9ou just get
assigned something sensible. Many people prefer to have the same user-name
in many different places.

In the meantime there are a couple other thins you might be able to help
with.

The Faq section of the wiki;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq
is being translated from French
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FR/FAQ
by 1 or 2 people. It is possible that it would help to have a proof-reader
to help smooth-out some of the initial translations. Sometimes i find
non-native speakers are tooo perfect and such translations need to be
roughened up a bit to bring them in-line with normal common-usage. The wiki
is easy to self-register on and so you can get started as soon as you like.

Even more help would be if you could help the couple of people working on
the "in built help". I have no idea how to get started with this but i get
the impression that it helps to have a passable understanding of xml tags.
I don't think you need to know what they mean or what they do, just to
understand that you only edit the text OUTSIDE the tags and maybe avoid
touching anything inside the tags. If you've done any html editing then xml
tags will be very familiar. One neat way of handling it is to use a
text-editor that can colour-code xml coding. Probably best to avoid using a
word-processor even Writer. Almost all text-editors do colour-coding except
Notepad. For Windows maybe SCiTe or Notepad++ or GEdit or ... well there's
a lot of choices. I like GEdit [shrugs] it looks simple and lets me focus
on the words.

Working on the in-built help would be fantastic because the translator teams
prioritise doing that far ahead of the Published Guides! It would be a
struggle trying to get involved so it might be easier to start off with a
light-hearted race through the wiki's Faq. Does either sound plausible?

Apols again and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Robert,

Well, all I know is that I tried requesting them through this list
several months ago and was told the system for setting them up was
busted. Then I saw people getting credentials here recently, and I was
told to request it from the list.

You requested the account again a few days ago. That's when I set up the
account for you. You should have received an email with a link to set your
password. As Jean said, if you haven't received this email then please
let us know. Also you might want to check you spam folder.

Sigrid

Hi Robert,

I just reset your password. Please check, if you got an email with a link
to reset your password.

Please let me know, if you received this email - otherwise we have to do
something different.

Sigrid