review help

Hi,

I wouldn't mind helping out for the review for base if you havent already got enough.
I've had very little experience using base (or any database) and I might learn something myself whilst being of service to others.
I don't have oodles of time, i've got quite a few things on the go - also i've got limited access to internet at home - only on my phone - but access in the office where I work 2.5 days/week, but I'm sure I could find some time to do this.

If you think I could be of help, do let me know!

/Gary

Hi :slight_smile:
It sounds like you might be happier with doing proof-reading rather than
reviewing - at least for Base. For Base that is especially useful. Most
of the other guides have been largely proof-read many times already. There
are always new things added and it's always possible that someone new might
spot an even better way of saying something but the Base Handbook has
hardly ever been proof-read in English.

As far as reviewing the Base Handbook goes it might be trickier for you to
do later chapters but earlier ones might be fantastic if they've not been
done already.

With Base, unlike other modules/programs/apps in the suite, the later
chapters might depend on you having followed through earlier chapters so
that you have the same sample database set-up. I'm not sure if it's
possible to just jump straight into later chapters.

Also since it's all so new it might be useful to start off by doing one of
the later chapters in the Writer Guide first, just to get used to the
work-flow, how the team works, how ODFAuthors works and generally settle in
a bit before jumping further into new territory.

However, it is your choice and whichever way you go is going to be very
useful!
Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hey Gary,

Have you had any luck getting started? If not, I'll see what I can do to
help get you onboarded. Thanks for offering to help, I know we could use it.

Best,
Joel

Hi Joel,
No, I've had difficulty accessing e-mail all weekend. I was about to ask someone somewhere what the next step would be; guess it's replying to this e-mail :slight_smile:

Let me know what I need to do.....
best
/Gary

Hi Gary,

Hi Joel,
No, I've had difficulty accessing e-mail all weekend. I was about to ask someone somewhere what the next step would be; guess it's replying to this e-mail :slight_smile:

Let me know what I need to do.....

So the first step would be to read how to proceed here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development
and specifically the workflow
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Workflow
Then, request an account at ODFAuthors and follow the workflow.
Don't hesitate if you have any question to come back to the list.
Thanks a lot in advance for your participation.
Kind regards
Sophie