Draw Guide Version 4.3

Hello

Correction to the Draw Guide Preface (Chap 00) is now in the Drafts LO4.3
folder on the ODF Authors website. The correction was to the licensing
details for LO.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-lo4-3-chap-00-preface/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 1 Introducing Draw is now available in
the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and
comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-lo4-3-chap-01-introducing-draw/view

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Is it ok to force people to do work in that way? :wink: lqtm

Sorry Tom

Do not understand your message. Could you please explain.

Regards

Peter Schofield

Hello

After further investigation on drawing page size in Draw, I have changed the
note on Page 4 in Chapter 1. There appears to be no limit on drawing page
size. You are only limited by size of paper available and what your printer
can handle.

New version of Chapter 1 Introducing Draw can be found in the Drafts LO4.3
folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-lo4-3-chap-01-introducing-draw-1/view

Regards

PeterS

Tom,

Is it ok to force people to do work in that way? :wink: lqtm

What are you on about ? Forcing "who" to work "what" way ?

If your criticism is levelled at the use of ODF Authors as the staging
home for documentation, decided early on in the existence of the
documentation project, then implement something else and convince the
group to switch to it, along with a migration plan, or else leave well
alone.

Do you have (in your opinion) a better plan / system ?
Is it up and running ? Have you contributed to it ? Can others work with
it ?

ODF Authors has all of this already, whether you personally like it or
not. I'm not a big fan of ODF Authors, as I "personally" find it a bit
of a maze, and effort to remember the workflow, _but_, and here is the
important bit, until such time as I think I can come up with a more
efficient, user-friendly system, I'm not going to try and destabilize
the working process that has produced good results so far over a span of
several years.

Alex

Hi :slight_smile:
Nope, not as complicated as that.

I was just having a really "bad hair day" and got sick of people misreading
my emails in as negative a way as they possibly could and then blaming me
for saying something i hadn't. If i had said something like "ready for
review and comment." then at the time i felt sure i would be accused of
forcing people to work on reviewing and then be told that volunteers hate
reviewing. Like i say, i was just getting tooo much unwarranted and unfair
criticism that wouldn't have been levelled at anyone else.

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw guide Chapter 2 Drawing Basic Shapes is now the
Drafts LO4.3 on the ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-lo4-3-chap-02-drawing-basic-shapes/view

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Superb!! Good work, again. As always. :))
Congrats and many regards from

Someone on the Users List has shown appreciation of the 4.2 Impress Guide.
He didn't say it out-right but it's inspired him to experiment with some
newer features. Always good to see that people are enjoying and using the
guides! :))
Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 3 Working with Objects & Object Points
is now available in the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF Authors website ready
for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-lo4-3-chap-01-working-with-objects-and-object-points/view

PLEASE NOTE that I am now holiday for two weeks and will be back on 27
October. I will be occasionally checking the internet, but do not expect an
immediate response as the sun, beach and snorkelling in Mauritius are the
top priority.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Sounds like good priorities! It's a well-earned break! :slight_smile: I hope you
enjoy the hols!
Congrats, thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 4 Changing Object Attributes is now
the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and
comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-chap-04-changing-object-attributes/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 5 Combining Multiple Objects is now
available for review and comment in the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF
Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-chap-05-combining-multiple-objects/view

Regards

PeterS

I have published Chapters 4 and 5 after making trivial copyediting
changes. Someone else may wish to do a more detailed review and/or
more detailed copyedit.

--Jean

I've downloaded them. I'll have a look at them over the next week. But if Jean has already proofread them, I doubt if I'll find much!

Hazel

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 3 Editing Pictures is now ready for
review and comment in the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-chap-06-editing-pictures/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.3 of Draw Guide Chapter 7 3D Objects is now ready for review and
comments in the Drafts LO4.3 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-chap-07-3d-objects/view

PLEASE NOTE - the only changes made are on the Copyright page of this
chapter.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.3 of the Draw Guide Chapter 8 Connections, Flowcharts, and
Organization Charts is now ready for review and comment in the Drafts LO4.3
folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/draw-guide/draft-lo-4.3/dg-chap-08-connections-flowcharts-and-organization-charts/view

Regards

PeterS

I have published chapters 6, 7, 8. --Jean