Writer 4.2 Guide updates

I have updated Writer Guide 4.2 Chapter 16 (Customizing Writer) and
Appendix A (Keyboard Shortcuts). These files are in
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/drafts-v4.2
I'll leave them there for a few days, in case someone is available to
check my work, and then I'll publish them (they can always be
corrected and republished later, if necessary).

I haven't heard from JohnS for awhile, but it is summer holidays in
the UK so he's probably otherwise occupied. He has Chapter 12 (ToCs,
Indexes, Bibliographies) checked out.

To help get this book done, other people could check (and update as
needed) Chapters 13, 14, 15. Anyone? Be sure to (a) tell the list and
(b) put your initials in the checkout column of this page on the wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Writer_Guide

--Jean

Hi Jean, *,
[...]

To help get this book done, other people could check (and update as
needed) Chapters 13, 14, 15. Anyone?

I have had a look at chapter 13 "Master documents" while translating it into German.
I didn't found many things except changed buttons, dialogs, tabs. So we mainly need new screenshots.
And that's my problem. I only work with Windows and can't do the changed screenshots with Linux.
So I don't know if I can help by checking it.

Hi :slight_smile:
I think you can help by doing proof-reading or reviewing. Don't worry
about doing the screen-shots! I think just alerting this mailing-list to
the fact they need to be done might well be enough.

Reviewing is good, ie to check that the guide correctly shows how to walk
through processes - especially after buttons, dialogues and tabs have
changed around a bit.

Proof-reading is also good but i suspect that most of the guides are really
good now so maybe only newer sections really need it.

The main thing that is really bothering me right now is the fiasco about
the Base Handbook. Is there any chance of helping Alan find where Hazel
put her translations? She might have put them in the sensible place but
i'm not familiar with ODFAuthors at all and it sounds like Alan isn't
either. So hopefully they should be easy to find.
Many regards from
Tom :slight_smile: