duplicated messages from the list

Hi,

I have a problem with this mailing list: I get each message at least
twice, but sometimes even 5 times. The copies do not come together, but
over a poeriod of a few hours. I am on several TDF mailinglists, but
only this one has the problem.

Do you observe the problem too?

thanks
Milos

Hi :slight_smile:
I've not seen that on any TDF mailing-list. Duplicates happen sometimes
but i think GMail filters them out for me. Is there any chance you have
subscribed with a few different accounts? or maybe you have subscribed
with a different account than you used for the other mailing-lists and that
one somehow gets forwarded all around your other accounts?

Could you try unsubscribing from this mailing list and see if you still get
mails? Then keep unsubscribing from this mailing-list with all other email
accounts that you might have signed up with? Then just resubscribe with
just the 1 account?

I can't think why else you would be getting so many copies of emails.

Hi Milos,

your email you sent was in our moderation list... so you're not subscribed
with the account you were sending the message.

What I could imagine, is that you registered on Nabble with one (or more)
different email addresses and have registered there (by mistake) several
times. A registration on Nabble, does, as far as I know, not count as a
subscription automatically to the mailing list. So maybe check the
registrations on Nabble and see, if there are multiple accounts there for
you.

Sigrid

Hi Milos,

I had no similar experience except Jean's yesterday's message starting with "I failed to send this to the list." arrived 3 times in my mailbox, but maybe Jean can tell what happened.

Best regards

Leo

Hi Sigrid,

thank you for letting me know - I've just used an incorrect identity
this time, I am registered with msramek22@gmail.com (used no).
Im am not registered on Nabble, so the problem will not be related to
that. I also get several copies of each email from the list, not only
replies to moine, so this is probably not related to to address.

Do you happen to know which software runs the list? I've even translated
its stringd to Slovak, but forgot its name. It was 4 letters, I think,
something like ljnl or so.

Milos

Dňa 31.08.2014 o 15:22 Sigrid Carrera napísal(a):

Hi Milos,

the software is mlmmj (or something very similar to that).

Hi Sigrid,

thank you for letting me know - I've just used an incorrect identity
this time, I am registered with msramek22@gmail.com (used no).
Im am not registered on Nabble, so the problem will not be related to
that. I also get several copies of each email from the list, not only
replies to moine, so this is probably not related to to address.

ok, that would indeed rule this out. (It was just an idea of mine). :slight_smile:

Do you happen to know which software runs the list? I've even translated
its stringd to Slovak, but forgot its name. It was 4 letters, I think,
something like ljnl or so.

as said above, it should be something like mlmmj.

Sigrid

Leo, those were three different messages, not all the same one. -- Jean