Base Handbook V43

Hi *,

we have finsihed the next Base-Handbook in German: Base-Handbuch 4.3
I will try to list all what has been changed since the other versions of
the handbook.

You could get it here:
http://de.libreoffice.org/hilfe-kontakt/handbuecher/

It has expanded from 4.2 for more than 50 pages ...

Haven't followed the threads here and what has been done with
translating of the older version 4.2 - have unsubscribed for the holidays.

Regards

Robert

Hi *,

I will try to list all what has been changed since the other versions of
the handbook.

Here the differences of the versions:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/Vergleich_Base_Handbuecher.ods

Have only had a look at the index, not directly the (little) changes of
content.

Regards

Robert

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks !! :))

I think the current plan is to complete the 4.2 handbook (as a lot of
resources have already gone into that) and then assess whether to do the
4.3 one or wait until the 4.4 comes out (at which point reassess to see if
that can be safely skipped (too))).

Are there significant changes in Base itself that make an update to 4.3
critical for a tiny and over-worked team to do? As i understand it the 4.3
still has the old HsqlDb back-end by default but introduces an optional
Firebird back-end which doesn't work 100% yet. So, i am thinking the 4.3
can be skipped?

Hi Tom,

you could directly write to the documentation-list. I have subscribed
today ...

I think the current plan is to complete the 4.2 handbook (as a lot of
resources have already gone into that) and then assess whether to do the
4.3 one or wait until the 4.4 comes out (at which point reassess to see if
that can be safely skipped (too))).

Are there significant changes in Base itself that make an update to 4.3
critical for a tiny and over-worked team to do? As i understand it the 4.3
still has the old HsqlDb back-end by default but introduces an optional
Firebird back-end which doesn't work 100% yet. So, i am thinking the 4.3
can be skipped?

I have only written this down for information. There hasn't be changed
anything in LO-Base since LO 4.2 - except some added bugs, which make
ist impossible to use some forms ...

Most added content in Base-Handbuch 4.3 is a part with an
example-database, leads through tables, queries, forms and reports.

Let's wait to LO 4.4. Could be the internal Firebird-database would work
then. But at this moment I don't see any progress there.

Regards

Robert