Use of "Resources for Contributors" Templates as basis for in-house User Support documentation?

In looking for some sample "User Guide Documentation" templates to do
in-house user support, i ran across:

    http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers

These documents would be a good start as a basis for creation of a
template for creating user guide and other support documentation.

So, while the *Content* of the documents is Copyright and covered by
CC by3.0 (and i'd strip all content out), what is the status of the
Document's Internal Styling?

Would there be any problem with emptying the document content and
saving just the styles and working from that to do as-needed
site-customizations (font, text colors, margins, etc) to create a
basis template, without having to continuously reference by
Attribution the original document that the styles came from?

The style names themselves "OOo_....." would imply they came from
OpenOffice documents originally.

thanks,
--stephen

The typical reasons that there is any writing on a template is for supplying directions for using the styles in the template or for supplying some useful boilerplate stuff, such as chapter heads, preset headers/footer, and such.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boilerplate_(text)

If none of that exposition on a template is to be used, then free free to strip it all away: In Windows, set the cursor anywhere in the text, Ctrl-A, and delete it all.

My template versions for LO had stripped away all those OOo style names eons ago--and changed all those custom style names to fairly generic names (to the ones that most users of MS Word would be employing, mostly). Perhaps, one of my chapter templates for LO is still around. Otherwise, shoot me an e-mail, and I could send them to you, either via a link to one of my own websites or via attachments.

Gary