Account...

/Hi//,//
//I would help to translate, check and edit documentation.//
//How can I get an ODFAuthors account?//
//
//Thanks//.../

Hi there,

/Hi//,//
//I would help to translate, check and edit documentation.//
//How can I get an ODFAuthors account?//
//
//Thanks//.../

I have set up an account for you. You should have received an email with a
link to set your password.
Thank you for joining the team - have fun! If you have any questions, don't
hesitate to ask. :slight_smile:

Sigrid

Hi :slight_smile:
I like the css method of "commenting out".

I think the ODFAuthors site only deals with the English (US) versions of
the "published guides". Those are an extremely low priority for
translations teams despite the fact that the English versions generate a
small but useful income for the Documentation Team and wider community.

Translators put a much higher priority on translating the "in-built help"
which the Documentation Team don't get involved with at all. The closest
'we' get is translating the French wiki's Faq but hopefully that might lead
to working on the "in-built help"'s wiki. However that part of the team is
tiny and could use any help. Even a tiny amount of time would be a huge
help there. Wiki-markup is much simpler than css but once you start moving
into the "in-built help" your skills might become more useful to the tiny
team there. Translation teams coordinate through the
L10n@Global.LibreOffice.Org
mailing list.

Errr, i use the sarcastic quotes ' around 'we' because i don't actually do
any work in this team at all. I just lurk here to try to liaise with other
lists, particularly the User Support Mailing List to help them learn the
best links into documentation.

Hello Tom,

Although it is a late reply, the truth has its merits (if that is an English idiom?)

The Dutch speaking community uses ODFAuthors site to publish their translations and is involved both in documentation and in-built Help.

Best regards

Leo