Greetings

Hello all from the sunny and still not bunkrupt Greece! I'm coming from a
physics background (lots of Fortran, yeah) and I'm looking forward
participating in the project. I've been using Linux for about 8 years, but
didn't think much of participating actively. Well, now I'm really
interested for the writing aspect of documentation. I enjoy explaining
stuff. I don't have much experience in writing guides, except of an
introduction to Linux I'm currently writing in Greek. I also have some
experience in writing reports and in academic writing, but I'm not sure if
that will be of any use. I also like classical music, metal, photography,
poetry, cycling and prefer dogs to cats but I don't own a dog. Well that
pretty sums it up, see you around.

Michail L. Liarmakopoulos

Hi Michail,

Hello all from the sunny and still not bunkrupt Greece! I'm coming from a
physics background (lots of Fortran, yeah) and I'm looking forward
participating in the project. I've been using Linux for about 8 years, but
didn't think much of participating actively. Well, now I'm really
interested for the writing aspect of documentation. I enjoy explaining
stuff. I don't have much experience in writing guides, except of an
introduction to Linux I'm currently writing in Greek. I also have some
experience in writing reports and in academic writing, but I'm not sure if
that will be of any use. I also like classical music, metal, photography,
poetry, cycling and prefer dogs to cats but I don't own a dog. Well that
pretty sums it up, see you around.

Welcome to the group! We are happy to have you on board. Jean will tell
you more precisely what is currently in work or needs work, but if there
is something you want to do more specifically, please let us know and we
will help you to begin.

Kind regards
Sophie

Someone else will need to do that, because I am not online very much
for the next month. --Jean

Hi :slight_smile:
+1
Is anyone able to point this chap to the wiki-page on how to get going in
the team? Also anyone able to set-up a login on ODFAuthors?

I believe this is the page Tom's talking about:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

Thanks guys, I'm still reading the contributor's guide.

Hi :slight_smile:
Wow! That is a good link. Thanks Alan :slight_smile: I hadn't realised the
Contributors Guide was pretty much done. I thought it was still scraps
laying around on various wiki-pages. I vaguely remember tidying that wiki
and putting the colours in but hadn't really noticed what the contents was
about! [tips hat to all involved]

Welcome in Michail!

Hello all, again!

Finished reading from the wiki guides. Sorry it took me some time, was busy
with my business as well.

If anyone could make me an account in the ODFauthors it would be awesome !:smiley:

Michail

Done. You should receive a message with a link to set your password.

Welcome!

--Jean