Impress Guide Version 4.2

Hello

Version 4.2 of Impress Guide Chapter 3 Adding & Formatting Text is now in
the LO Drafts 4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and
comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-03-adding-formatting-text/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

I have gone through the feedback files for Chapters 1 and 2. Made some
spelling corrections and corrections to cross references. I have now placed
these two chapters in the Published 4.2 folder in the ODF Authors website.
Their status is Externally Visible. I have also created PDF files of these
chapters and will put them into the right page of the wiki (I hope).

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/published-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-02-using-slide-masters-styles-and-templates/view

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/published-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-02-using-slide-masters-styles-and-templates/view

PLEASE NOTE - Chapter 4 Adding & Formatting Pictures has had its title
changed to reflect the terminology used in the Impress module. The word
image is now used in the software instead of picture. Changing the chapter
title will to prevent any confusion by users. The new chapter title is
Chapter 4 Adding & Formatting Images.

I have checked Chapters 1, 2 and 3 and I have changed the cross references
to show the new title.

Regards

PeterS

Help please

I want to publish Chapters 1 & 2 (ODT and PDF files) onto the Documentation
wiki page, but there is no column for version 4.2 for the Impress Guide.

How do I upload the files so that they appear in the correct column for the
Impress Guide?

Wiki editing is definitely not my strong point.

Can someone let me know how to do it.

Regards

PeterS

Hi,
a small hint: try to copy and paste from the other sections with the 4.2 column :wink:
Let me know if you need help.

Marina

Hello Marina

Thanks for the hint. A column for the 4.2 branch has been added.

Peter Schofield
psauthor@libreoffice.org

Well done :wink:

Thank you for your great work with the guides!

Have a nice day,
Marina

Hello

Version 4.2 of LO Impress Guide Chapter 4 Adding & Formatting Images is now
in the LO4.2 Drafts folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-04-adding-formatting-images/view

PLEASE NOTE - this chapter used to be called Adding & Formatting Pictures.
The names has been changed to follow the Impress module more accurately as
in version 4.2 the word "image" is now used instead of "picture".

The file name has also changed to IG4204-AddFormattingImages.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.2.3 of Chapter 5 Managing Graphic Objects of the Impress Guide is
now in the Drafts LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review
and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-05-managing-graphic-objects/view

PLEASE NOTE - I shall be on holiday for the next two weeks cruising the
Norfolk Broads. That means no internet connection.

Regards

PeterS

Peter, I'll collect your updated chapters and publish them on the
wiki, with the necessary links from the Publications page, probably
some time this week.

I hope you are enjoying your Internet-free cruise.

--Jean

I have made some minor changes to Chapters 1 and 2, regenerated the
PDFs, and linked and uploaded PDTs and PDFs to the wiki, as well as
uploading ODTs to ODFAuthors.

Now moving on to later IG chapters, and JohnS's WG chapters.

--Jean

While working on IG Ch4, I found some corrections required to the
copyright pages in Chs 1-3, so I have replaced them on website and
wiki.

--Jean

I have edited and published IG4.2 Chapters 4 and 5. Peter, you may
wish to check them, especially Ch5.

--Jean

Hello

Version 4.2 of the Impress Guide Chapter 7 Including Spreadsheets, Charts,
and Other Objects is available for review and comments in the Drafts LO4.2
folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-07-including-spreadsheets-charts-and-other-objects/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.2 of the Impress Guide Chapter 8 Adding and Formatting Slides,
Notes, and Handouts is now available for review and comment in the Drafts
LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-08-adding-and-formatting-slides-notes-and-handouts/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.2 of Impress guide Chapter 9 Slide Shows is now in the Drafts
LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-09-slide-shows/view

With regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.2 of the Impress Guide Chapter 10 Printing, E-mailing, Exporting,
and Saving Slide Shows is now in the Drafts LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors
website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-10-printing-e-mailing-exporting-and-saving-slide-shows/view

Regards

PeterS

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file for Chapter 10. The correct one is now in
the Drafts LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-10-printing-e-mailing-exporting-and-saving-slide-shows/view

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Great work! Cooking on gas!
Much appreciated!

Hello

Version 4.2 of the Impress Guide Preface (Chap 00) is now in the Drafts
LO4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo-4.2/ig-lo4-2-chap-00-preface/view

Regards

PeterS

I'll get on to your three latest files soon, Peter. The book is
galloping along; that's great.

--Jean