Base Handbook needs you!

Recently I talked about updating the English version of the Base
Handbook to v4.2 from v3.5-4.0 (the English version of these two
differs only in the title; we didn't update the contents from the
German version).

Hazel is translating the additional material from German to English
and putting the results here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/drafts_4.2

We need someone (or several people) to integrate these translations
into the v3.5 English handbook, do whatever editing may be needed,
follow up on any questions she has, and recapture screenshots as
needed.
Chapters are here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/published

Background info, including a spreadsheet of changes and link to German
originals for reference, is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Base_Handbook

Put the results here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/edited42

Obviously some initiative is required. Some knowledge of German may be
useful, but is not required.

--Jean

No one has come forward to work on integrating the translations of new
material into the English books. Isn't there anyone on this list with
some initiative and time to do at least some of this? (Read quoted
post for more info; ask questions as needed.)

--Jean

Recently I talked about updating the English version of the Base
Handbook to v4.2 from v3.5-4.0 (the English version of these two
differs only in the title; we didn't update the contents from the
German version).

The current version of the german Base handbook has just been updated to
4.3. >;->

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

Do you have the usual list of what's changed? And where to get the files?
--Jean

It's really unfortunate that the rest of the team has taken so long to
get around to start bringing the English version up to date, after
Hazel did the translating of new material for 4.2. I'm not sure what
is the best way to proceed at this point, and it's not up to me to
tell others what to do.

--Jean

Has anyone tried reaching out to the user list to see if we can find a volunteer or two?

Best,
Joel

Hi :slight_smile:
Does anyone know what Jean was referring to in the post below? Did Hazel
do the translations for 4.2 or not? If not that is fair enough because it
sounds like a nightmare to work on Base at all. It's just that it would be
really nice to avoid wasting another volunteer's valuable time.

Please, can anyone spare a bit of their equally valuable time and help
track-down Hazel's work?