GS4209 - Getting Started With Math

Hello,

Milos has pointed out a couple of minor corrections that could be made to the chapter I uploaded yesterday. One of these is the fact that the chapter contains what seems to be an entirely superfluous macro (Standard > Format > FixDocV3 macro).

The macro was present in the LO4.0 version of the chapter and I opted not to remove it since I was unsure of its purpose. Can anybody shed any light on this? I'm happy to remove it and re-upload an edited draft if it serves no purpose.

I may have a little time later so will see if I am able to replace inconsistent screen captures in the GS4203 and GS4210 files from the feedback folder.

Regards

Martin

I suspect it's left over from some cleanup someone else did long ago.
If it's still in the edited file I just uploaded, please go ahead and
remove it at the same time you make other needed changes. Thanks!

--Jean

Hi
That macro was required, if for some reason, when the template had been changed, you elected to not update the document on opening. The option to update was not offered when opening the document again and in order to then update to the changed template, you needed to run the macro.

Regards
JohnS

Hello,

Ah, I see. In that case, I won't remove it. I'll take a look at that chapter again at the weekend (and will take a closer look at GS4212).

Regarding chapter 5, I've replaced screenshots from the 29Mar draft of GS4205 and uploaded it to the feedback folder:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2/gs4-2-ch-5-getting-started-with-calc/view

Regards,

Martin

Hi
Sorry, I should have said, that it can be removed ok with no negative effects. It is entered manually in order to use it, it's not an embedded one.

Regards
JohnS

And AFAIK, that macro no longer works, so I am removing it wherever it
appears.

--Jean

Hi
That macro worked OK in v4.0. I remember you leaving me a comment in the Writer guide, where it is explained, asking me to verify it.
That doesn't mean of course, that it can't be removed now.

Regards
JohnS

Bruce Byfield said it didn't work for him in v4.2, but I haven't tried
it myself.

--Jean