Distribution of LO user guides

Extract from a note just received from Lulu.com (where I have been
publishing the printed copies of our books):

"Great news! Lulu.com has opened up Kindle, Kobo and many more eBook
retailer sites to you, so readers on all devices can buy your eBooks.

And there's even more good news: Our print book distribution service is free.

With Lulu.com, you have a single, free and simple method for getting
all of your books into as many distribution channels as possible. No
more need to publish your books in multiple places. Now, you can sell
what you love everywhere.

To add your eBooks to Kindle, Kobo and other retailer sites, go to
your My Lulu page and choose "Manage Distribution" for the eBook
projects you'd like to update."

Note: There's a bit more to it than that. To qualify for the
distribution service, books must meet some requirements regarding the
copyright page, ISBN, and so on. Our existing books will need some
changes before they qualify, but we can produce new books that do
qualify.

--Jean

Jean,

Does Lulu offer library binding hard cover printing as well? Also do they
offer CD/DVD Printing? I was thinking it would be nice to produce library
binding version of the Getting started guide for 4.2 or even 4.3 that
includes an installation DVD and possibly starting a marketing campaign to
try to get one copy in as many libraries as possible.

I distributed some DVD's I made at the local library in this area.
Currently they do not offer a software section, and they declined my
request to start one. The only way stock software is if it is an official
CD/DVD that is included as part of the book.

I am going to keep trying to get them to start a OSS Software collection
but I do not see it happening any time soon. They shot this idea down due
to fear of liability. The software that comes included with books they
consider the liability to be passed on to the publisher evidently.

If we make this a target project for the 4.3 release it would provide a
good amount of time to work on both the DVD as well as the Library Edition
getting started guide. It would also of course require a marketing campaign
as well. LibreOffice for Libraries! The DVD of course can contain copies of
all the manuals. Having this cover both school/university libraries as well
as public libraries would be useful in furthering the user base. Including
a small manual on getting started with LibreOffice development would also
work out well if we could get it into schools.

I know this was talked about on the marketing list before the 4.2 launch
but it quieted off since then.

Thank you

*Mr.* *Timothy M. Butterworth *

*USAF Veteran H.D. SSgt*

Constitutionalist and defender of The Separation of Church and State
because "Our freedom was not free and freedom cannot defend itself but it
is always worth defending with our lives"

Email: timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com

Brainbench <http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/homepage.xml>
Brainbench Transcript ID: 10486539

Cisco Certification Tracking
System<http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_certification_tracking_system.html>

Cisco ID CSCO11235801

CompTIA Certification Transcript
Verification<https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/public/transcript.aspx?transcript=HQQP3JTC2NR4QFXS>

*Certified Wireless Network Professionals CWNP <http://www.cwnp.com/>*

CWNP ID: CWNP446044
CWNP Certification Verification<http://www.cwnp.com/certifications/verify_cwnp/>

Free and Open Source Software F/OSS is free as in freedom to improve
availability and reduce the Total Cost of Ownership TCO of software and
firmware though shared maintenance, it is the freedom of interoperable
innovation through shared Research and Development R&D costs, it is the
freedom that allows true piece of mind in procurement because the full
source code is available and it is not free as in closed source freeware or
shareware which often includes software defects and malware.

They do offer hard cover binding, but not CD/DVD printing.

--Jean