translation of index entries

Hi,

we have a small problem with index entries in translation of the GS guide to Slovak.

To explain: technically, there are two types of index entries, independent and shared (may own names :)). In the first type, the entry is independent of the guide text, while in the second the entry shares the guide text. The first is presented as a small gray blob between words, in the second case the shared text is displayed in gray.

The second type causes problems in translation to languages with inflection, since inflected words get into the index.
We thus need to get rid of the shared entries and to replace them by independent ones. This can be done only manually.

We will have to do that at least in the final Slovak version - to save time, I suggest to do that directly in the original. I volunteer to do that - can I use the version from http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2 ? Is somebody else working on these files now?

best
Milos

PS:
We have just joined our forces with the Czech localization team - Slovak and Czech are very similar languages and machine translation Slovak <-> Czech works very well. So I hope that GS42 will be translated in two languages soon.

Hello Milos,

I've just caught up with my email backlog and have seen this.

I've been drafting GS4211 today (I'm currently in the process of creating new diagrams so will upload the revised version in the next couple of days) and have removed all instances of the first type of index entry you mentioned. I've deleted any grey blobs between words. Will that cause any translation problems? If so, I'm able to amend them prior to uploading the draft.

Thanks,

Martin

JohnS and I are working on more changes to Chapters 1, 4, and 5.

--Jean

Martin,
Removing the index entries may not be helpful, because then, instead
of correcting the ones that need to be changed, we have to start from
scratch to re-enter all of them.

However, most chapters need re-indexing anyway, due to not being kept
up to date.

--Jean

Hello Jean,

I'll be sure to reverse the removal of any index entries prior to uploading the draft.

Since I only began removing index entries yesterday while working on GS4211, any previous drafts that I've uploaded are unaffected.

Thanks,

Martin