Getting Started, Chapters 1 through 5

I have gone through Chapters 1 through 5 of the Getting Started guide
for LO v4.2, which have been reviewed and updated by other people. IMO
Chapters 1, 2 and 3 are ready to publish. However, it would be good if
someone else would go through the latest iteration of Chapters 4 and
5, reviewing against the software. All files are in this folder:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2

--Jean

I have gone through Chapters 1 through 5 of the Getting Started guide
for LO v4.2, which have been reviewed and updated by other people. IMO
Chapters 1, 2 and 3 are ready to publish. However, it would be good if
someone else would go through the latest iteration of Chapters 4 and
5, reviewing against the software. All files are in this folder:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2

below you can find a few suggestions regarding chapters 1-4.
In the new text there is some direct formating (perhaps 15 places). This causes problems in translation using OmegaT. Thus, once the text is finished, I volunteer to correct it.

Ch1:

Page 9

"After Quickstarter has been activated, an icon is installed into the system tray at the bottom right of the display."
If and where is it displayed probably depends on the system and display manager, so I suggest to change to
"After Quickstarter has been activated, an icon is installed into the system tray"

Incorrect references to images on page 18 - should probably be to Figure 9

Ch2:
Page 14

To manually remove personal information from specific documents, deselect this option and then use the *Delete* button under *Fil**e****> P**roperties **> **General*.

There is no such button on that page

Page 28

Use the Internet Options page to define search engines and save proxy settings for use with LibreOffice.

I do not see such option there on Ubuntu - so, it may be possible only on some other systems

Ch3:
Page 6:

Figure 1 shows the window for Writer, with Page Styles visible.

The Paragraph styles page is displayed there

Ch4: ok