Information request

Hi all.
On the Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Print page is a menu item (apparently) 'PDF as Standard Print Job Format'. This menu item is not available in Windows - my system - so I can't see it or try it to write it up.
Would someone be good enough to write a paragraph or so giving me the info on this so that I can include it in the Guide. I'll append your name as a contributor in the guide.
Hope someone can help, thanks
JohnS

That (not finding it in Windows) is to be expected. This option is
specific to Linux and OSX and printer driver/CUPS capabilities on
these OS's.

As I understand it, "PDF as Standard Print Job Format" is a relatively
new option in LibreOffice. When printing with this option enabled,
LibreOffice generates a PDF file and sends that to through to CUPS
(the Common Unix Printing System) which then relays the print job to
the printer.

If the option is disabled, LibreOffice falls back to the older,
traditional printing method where it generates a Postscript file and
hands that off to CUPS.

A screenshot (take on Linux in KDE4) of the option is here:
http://paste.opensuse.org/93196490

For people interested in the background on this new CUPS thing, you
can probably start here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/pdf_as_standard_print_job_format

Clayton

No takers on this? Just a few lines from someone with a non-Windows OS would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

JohnS

Umm.. I replied 6 days ago :slight_smile: Are you not subscribed? Or did you
want more info?

Clayton

Hi :slight_smile:
Have you tried renaming your User Profile to "get back to factory
defaults"? That usually gets rid of all sorts of weirdnesses that
"shouldn't happen"
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

Tom, that has nothing to do with whether a feature is available -- by
design -- on some platforms and not on others, which is the situation here.

--Jean

Hi Clayton.
I'm afraid I didn't get your response, it's not in any of my Thunderbird folders, so not classed as spam, but I can see it when I look at the thread on Nabble.
So thanks for that, I'll put it into the guide with you as a contributor. It's always a bit of a problem when you run a system that doesn't show all the options.

Regards
Johns