GS Guide Chapter 1 Introducing LibreOffice

One edited version of the Chapter 1 Introducing LibreOffice now in the
Feedback LO 4.2 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2/lo4-2-gs-guide-chap-01-introducing-libreoffice/view

I have changed screenshots in line with your comments Jean and all
screenshots are now from an Ubuntu operating system.

The Quickstarter has got me a little puzzled and the LO help system is not
very helpful on this. Please check carefully on what I have done. It appears
that a Linux computer has something similar to a Windows operating system,
but I cannot confirm this. You will the amended text on this.

Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter done, but I have not been too
well and bright for the last couple of weeks. Now back to full strength and
getting used to abusing my fingers on a keyboard again.

Regards

PeterS

Peter,
I am reviewing your changes and will be uploading a revised chapter
later today. You have indeed misunderstood the Quickstarter. I am
rewriting that section and will include revised screenshots, which you
may wish to replace with ones that match the rest of the chapter. I'm
also making some other changes, mainly of things I didn't notice on my
last pass through the doc.

I'll let you know when my next iteration of the file has been uploaded.

--Jean

I have amended the chapter and placed it here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2/gs4-2-ch1-introducing-lo/view

I did not replace any screenshots after all, although I did remove two
of them, along with some words.

--Jean